Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kicking the Habit

I need a new job, and a new vice.

I know I keep coming back to my job and my lack of smoking, but dammit, the job is awful and it being awful makes me want to smoke. Vicious cycles and all that.

Not to mention I would smoke when I would rant and talk to myself. Why talk to myself? Because I am a nutter, that's why! I thought that much was obvious.

Anyway, I need to find a new vice to replace the smoking. It's the ritual I need, so no need to dive into a pile of cocaine or a case of booze. I need some habitual action that involves some ritualized and time-sensitive outlet, like how a cigarette is lit, smoked, and extinguished, all over a certain amount of time (average of 10 minutes in my case). If I am exhaling smoke (or what looks like smoke) then all the better.

And those e-cigarettes didn't work when I tried em years ago. They never shorten so I smoke them for far longer than is recommended.

As for job, going to look into call centers as well as some previous places I was employed, see if anything pops up. Even minimum wage is starting to look more acceptable the way work keeps putting me down and crushing my spirit more and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment